Are you, or is someone you know seeking an opportunity to allow God to work through you to make a real difference in people’s lives. Working for GNFC is rewarding and enriching, with no day being the same. Please consider if you or if someone you know could be part of the team.
GNFC is based in Buxton and has staff accommodation available if needed.
We work with the whole family in a way that will bring them hope, encourage strong relationships and motivate and empower people for real and lasting change that will break the cycle of dysfunction for the next and future generations.
Please note: It is a genuine occupational requirement that staff are committed to the charity’s Christian ethos, basis of faith and stated aims. Staff must be able to work within our Christian ethos and objectives.
Job Vacancy for: Recovery Support Worker
Good News Family Care is seeking a dynamic and motivated Christian woman to work with the Recovery Manager and team in being part of the team to deliver the Recovery Service
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have vision and passion to help in the development of this ministry.
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or have 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience in supporting vulnerable women and children affected by substance misuse and mental health difficulties.
- Be able to demonstrate organisational skills and initiative for supporting residents.
- Be able to create opportunities to support each resident to achieve their goals.
- Show excellent communication skills, being able to work with the GNFC team and other stakeholders.
- Be willing to use previous experience and training and attend further training where needed.
- Be able to work flexibly, with a 7-day rota including weekend and overnight shifts.
Job Vacancy for: Early Years Education Co-ordinator
Good News Family Care is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to co-ordinate the nursery with vision and passion to help in the development of our ministry.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be qualified to Level 4 or Early Years professional status.
- Have experience in leading Early Years education in compliance with Ofsted Early Years regulations.
- Show motivation and be able to take initiative to ensure that the children in our nursery are given the best possible care and education.
- Be able to create opportunities to support the whole family and to initiate groups and activities that will engage and support the families who benefit from any aspect of the childcare provision.
- Co-ordinate a range of family activities, focus groups and parenting support.
- Be part of the development of a new soft play centre initiative with sessions targeting different groups within the community e.g. grandparent carers, young families and their children, including those special needs.
There are volunteer opportunities available across the organisation, please contact us to find out more. Opportunities are available for local volunteers or with the short or long-term mission programme